NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES – APPLY NOW!
Jesuit Social Services (JSS) is collaborating with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to deliver the “Opening Doors” initiative, which is a program set up by ATO to offer twelve month paid employment experience to people from refugee and humanitarian backgrounds with Australian citizenship.
Applications are now being accepted and will be opened till 20 December 2018, for roles to commence in March 2019.
Through this initiative, participants will receive:
- preparation training from Jesuit Social Services
- development and support from the Corporate Diversity Partnerships team and ATO employees
- opportunity to build professional networks
- professional experience which can be leveraged to obtain employment post placement
The program includes the following:
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is offering roles across a number of disciplines including finance, commerce, economics, human resources, information technology, administration and customer service. The offer is available to professionally qualified individuals from refugee and humanitarian entrant backgrounds seeking to establish themselves in Australia.
The positions are paid, full-time roles in both Sydney and Melbourne with a twelve-month period of maximum duration commencing March 2019.
The following criteria need to be met to be considered for a (work experience) paid employment placement:
- Required to have and provide proof of Australian Citizenship
- Refugee and humanitarian entrant background
- Excellent written and verbal proficiency in English
- Successful applicants will need to undergo a stringent probity assessment as follows:
- National Police Check
- Proof of identity documentation
- Professional qualifications (either completed or in the process of completion) in the areas of finance, accounting, commerce, economics, business and information technology are desirable, but not mandatory
The applications process is being managed by Corporate Diversity Partnerships within JSS and all enquiries need to be directed to this this team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals interested in these opportunities are advised not to the ATO directly. All enquiries to be made through email using the above email address.
Applications are open from 5.00pm on Friday 16 November 2018 and will close at 5.00pm on Thursday 20 December 2018. Applicants can apply for up to two roles in each location (Melbourne and Sydney).
To apply or for more information, please visit the Jesuit Social Services website here.