Jesuit Social Services is partnering with John Holland, one of Australia’s leading engineering, contracting and service providers to the infrastructure, energy, resources and transport sectors, to deliver the John Holland Pathway Program.
This program provides a supported employment and training experience for people who are marginalised, or at risk of marginalisation from their field of qualification. These roles will be full-time, paid positions for six-months commencing in June 2018, located in Melbourne, Victoria.
The following eligibility criteria applies:
- Proof of unrestricted working rights in Australia.
- Excellent written and verbal proficiency in English.
- Hold an Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Have experienced barriers to securing an engineering role in the workforce in Australia.
- Hold a Bachelor of Civil, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Robotical, or Mechatronic Engineering or a Bachelor of Construction and/or Building Management.
- Please note, if the degree was completed overseas, it is a requirement to provide proof of recognition by Engineers Australia.
Applicants from the following groups are encouraged to apply: migrant, refugee, or humanitarian entrant background, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, retrenched automotive workers, and people with a disability. Expression of Interest will close on Thursday 29th March 2018.
Through this initiative, participants are expected to receive:
- Preparation training from Jesuit Social Services
- Development and support from the Corporate Diversity Partnerships team and John Holland team members
- Completion of Cert IV in Occupational Health and Safety – Participants will attend one full day of paid training every month for the duration of the program
- An opportunity to build professional networks
- Six months of full-time paid professional experience in Melbourne which can be used to gain employment in chosen field post placement
Jesuit Social Services is responsible for the application process, so please direct all enquiries to our friendly team on email@example.com
Expressions of interest can be submitted by visiting www.corporatediversity.org.au or to obtain more information, please visit the Jesuit Social Services website https://jss.org.au/what-we-do/education-training-and-employment/corporate-diversity-partnerships/
If you have recently submitted an expression of interest for an opportunity within the engineering sector with Jesuit Social Services, you do not need to apply again as your resume will be taken into consideration.