Jesuit Social Services is offering a new employment program in conjunction with Australia’s leading engineering, contracting and service providers to the infrastructure, energy, resources, and transport sectors in Melbourne. The program will provide a paid full-time role to skilled and qualified individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds who have experienced barriers to securing a job.
Applications are open from Friday 19th January 2018 until 5pm Wednesday 7th February 2018 and roles are expected to be available in the first half of 2018.
Participants will receive:
- preparation training from Jesuit Social Services
- development and support from the Corporate Diversity Partnerships team and company employees
- an opportunity to build professional networks
- professional experience which can be leveraged to obtain employment in the chosen field post placement
Eligibility criteria applies for Participants to be considered for this work placement:
- Proof of unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Excellent written and verbal proficiency in English
- Hold a Bachelor of Civil Engineering and/or Bachelor of Construction and Building Management
**Please note, if the degree was completed overseas, it is a requirement to provide proof of recognition by Engineers Australia.
- To be from a diverse cultural background and have experienced barriers to securing a role in the workforce in Australia.
Application and enquiries by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest can be submitted by visiting www.corporatediversity.org.au or to obtain more information, please visit the Jesuit Social Services website https://jss.org.au/what-we-do/education-training-and-employment/corporate-diversity-partnerships/